Table of Contents
Note: I have removed all
scholarly apparatus from this table of contents, such as
appendices, biographical notes, etc.
Encounters At Ascona, by Mircea Eliade
Heinrich Zimmer: On the Significance of the Indian Tantric Yoga 
Erwin Rousselle: Spiritual Guidance in Contemporary Taoism 
1. Ju She: Initiation
2. Nei Ching T'u: 'The Table of the Inner Warp'
3. Hsiu Shen: Individuation
Theodor-Wilhelm Danzel: The Psychology of Ancient Mexican Symbolism
John Layard: The Malekulan Journey of the Dead 
2. The Journey of the Dead
3. The Labyrinth Motive in the Journey of the Dead: Sand-tracings in South West Bay
C. Kerenyi: Man and Mask 
Martin Buber: Symbolic and Sacramental Existence in Judaism 
Friedrich Heiler: Contemplation in Christian Mysticism 
1. The History of Christian Contemplation
2. Contemplation in the Mysticism of the Christian Community
3. Contemplation Among the Great Individual Mystics
Max Pulver: The Experience of Light in the Gospel of St.
John, in the 'Corpus hermeticum,' in Gnosticism, and in the Eastern Church
1. Light in the Gospel of St. John
2. Light in the 'Corpus hermeticum'
3. The Light in Gnosticism
4. The Experience of Light in the Christian East
Fritz Meier: The Spiritual Man in the Persian Poet 'Attar 
Rudolf Bernoulli: Spiritual Development as Reflected in Alchemy and Related Disciplines 
1. The Basic Elements of Alchemy
2. The System of Alchemy in Its Pictorial Representation
C. G. Jung: Dream Symbols of the Individuation Process 
2. The Initial Dreams
3. The Symbolism of the Mandala
4. The Vision of the World Clock
M. C. Cammerloher: The Position of Art in the Psychology of Our Time 
(C) 2006 James Baquet.